Free Laptop Bhagya Scheme Yojana In Karnataka 2019-20 [Online Application Form Download, Student Name List, Check Status, Last date]
It is the responsibility of the state government to ensure that the students get proper facilities to convert their dreams of higher education a reality. But students, who belong to financially poor families, will not be able to purchase a laptop. It is here that the Karnataka government comes to their rescue. The CM launched a Free Laptop Bhagya Scheme for the meritorious students, who have completed their school education, and have started their journey towards higher education. Only high marks scoring candidates will be able to apply for this scheme. If the state education department selects them, then such applicants will acquire a high-quality laptop free of cost.
|Name of the scheme
|Free Laptop Bhagya Scheme
|H. D. Kumaraswamy
|Date of announcement
|Launch date of the current phase
|2019 – 2020
|Department of College Education in Karnataka
|Start of laptop distribution
Key features of the scheme
- Supporting students – The primary aim for the development of the scheme was to encourage needy students to pursue their dream of higher education. A free laptop will help the beneficiaries with their studies, and the overall educational sector in the state will also improve.
- Free laptop – As mentioned in the scheme draft, students who have performed exceptionally in the school final examination and are now in colleges, will acquire a brand new laptop from the state government.
- For general and professional streams – Earlier, applicants who were pursuing general streams were allowed to enroll. Now, candidates pursuing professional courses will also be able to get this free laptop. Students, pursuing medical, dental, polytechnic, engineering, and other diploma courses can also apply.
- Cost of the laptops – The state authority has announced that the beneficiaries will get quality laptops, and the price of every gadget will be within Rs. 31,000 and Rs. 35,000.
- Encouraging digital literacy – The laptop will help the students to acquire information from the internet. It will assist them to get better at the subject. Apart from this, rural students will get the opportunity to become digitally literate.
- Number of beneficiaries – During the previous implementation of the scheme, around 1.50 lakh beneficiaries received a free laptop from the state government. With the changes in the eligibility criterion, the state expects to reach out to lakhs of other meritorious and deserving candidates.
Eligibility and document necessary for application
- Legal residents of Karnataka – Only those candidates, who are legal residents of the state by birth, will be able to enroll for this free laptop. Submission of the residential documents is a must along with the application form and other papers.
- Pass certificate of 10th and 12th standard – It is mandatory for every interested applicant to attach the attested photocopies of their mark sheets of both class 10 and 12. The scheme will only allow such candidates who have scored more than 75% in both these classes.
- No caste bar – Earlier, only ST and SC candidates were entitled to attain the free laptop. Now, students from OBC, minority and general castes will also be included in the scheme. Thus, applicants need to attach their caste certificates accordingly.
- BPL certificate – As the scheme aims at helping students who come from needy families, candidates must attach the photocopy of the BPL certificate, if they possess it.
- Income certificate of applicants – If the applicant hails from a family that falls above the poverty line, then the family income criterion must be fulfilled. If the joint income of the parents, during a financial year is less than or equal to 2.5 lakhs, then such families will be able to attain the benefit. Such applicants need to attach their annual family income certificate.
- Must be college students – Only those candidates will be able to enroll for this free laptop project, who have already taken admission in the first year curriculum in a reputed college. Photocopies of admission documents, provided by the college must be submitted for scrutiny.
- Copy of college fee book – The applicant must attach a photocopy of the college fee book that highlights successful first year admission procedure. It will help the officials to check whether the applicant is actually a student of the claimed college.
- ID of the students – Every applicant will have to attach a copy of the Aadhar card and voter card with the registration form. It will be used as an identification proof.
How to get application form and register?
- The Karnataka government wants to make the application process simple for all interested applicants.
- Thus, a portal has been launched that not only offers information to the candidates, but also gives them access to the online application form.
- Every interested applicant will have to click on the link https://www.dce.kar.nic.in/ to log in on the authorized portal of Laptop Bhagya Scheme.
- Once the home page opens, the candidate needs to click on the link that is marked as “Application form”
- It is the digitized format of the enrollment form, and students will be able to download it easily.
- Once they get the enrollment form printed out, they must fill it up with necessary details, attach photograph and important documents, and submit it in the office of the college principal.
- The college authority will send the application forms to the Education Department of Karnataka for scrutiny.
How to check the beneficiary list?
- With the new eligibility criterion, it is expected that more students will sign up to get the free laptop.
- Once the applicants have submitted the application, the documents will be scrutinized by the officials of the Karnataka Education Department.
- They will select the applicants who deserve to get the free laptop.
- Once the officials have completed the beneficiary list, it will be uploaded on the official site.
- Thus, if any applicant wants to check the beneficiary list, or his/her application status, then he/she must log in on the official portal.
- There is a link on the portal that is marked as “Select Students.”
- As soon as the applicant clicks on this link, a new page will open up.
- This page will contain the list of beneficiaries, and the candidate can look for his/her name in this list.
The state government has already launched a site that offers pertinent information to the interested applicants. It is also expected to launch a helpline number that will make it easy for the students to gather information regarding the scheme. If anyone wants to post any questions or comments about the project, then he/she can send an e-mail on the address email@example.com.
During the previous implementation of this scheme, the state government was able to reach out to needy students. The free laptop not only helped the students with their studies, but also encouraged students in school to work better so that they can acquire the same benefit when the take admission in the colleges. The state government brought about some changes in the scheme eligibility list to ensure that more and more students get a free laptop, and realize their dreams of higher education.
Other links –
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Uttarakhand Free Coaching Scheme
- Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana in MP Apply Online