PM Kisan Maandhan Pension Yojana (PMKMY) 2020-21 [Eligibility Criteria, How to apply, Premium Chart, Registration Form Online Download, Amount, List, Guidelines, FAQ, Last date, Exit Policy, Documents, Helpline]
Safeguarding the rights of the farmers have been on the top of Modi’s “to do” list. Several schemes have already been implemented, which support agricultural development. Additionally, the central government is also aware of the hardships of old farmers, who can no longer work on the farms. To aid such people, Modi government has launched a new pension scheme for the farmers. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana enables the farmers to save money for leading a secure future. In this article, you will learn about the features, application procedure, eligibility and documents necessary for this farmer pension scheme.
|Name of the scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana or PM-KMY
|Narendra Singh Tomar
|Date of launch
|2018 – 2019
|Date of registration announcement
|Venue of announcement
|Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Key features of the PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- Development of farmers – The financial condition of the farmers in India is rather shaky. The new project will offer financial security to old and poor farmers and those who depend on them. It will help in eradicating the sorry economic condition of Indian agricultural workers.
- Pension scheme for agricultural workers – Under this scheme, farmers can contribute towards their pension fund for a fixed number of years. Once the account matures, these pensioners will receive a steady income from their pension accounts.
- Pension amount – It has been mentioned in the official scheme draft that all pensioners will receive Rs. 3000 as pension.
- Frequency of payment – The pension amount will be transferred in the bank account of these farmers on a monthly basis.
- Pension attainment age – The pension account will mature when the account holder attains the age of 60 years. They will then start getting the monthly grant.
- Contribution amount (Premium) – The amount that needs to be contributed in the pension fund will vary according to the age of the farmer. If the farmer registers at the age of 18, then he will have to pay Rs. 55 every month. In case the farmers starts at an older age, then this amount can go up to Rs. 250.
Other important guidelines for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana –
- Mandatory contribution tenure – The farmers will have to deposit money in the pension funds for at least five years continuously to keep it active. The beneficiary may stop the contributing after this, and get the money that has accumulated so far.
- Separate pension account for spouse – The main account holding farmer can name his spouse as the nominee. Additionally, he can activate another account that is in the name of the spouse. Monetary contributions must be made in this account separately.
- Central government’s contribution – To encourage more eligible farmers to join this scheme, the central government has states that it will match the contribution of the respective farmer in the pension account. Additionally, farmers will also get an interest on the accumulated money.
- Pension fund management organization – The central government has handed over the responsibility of managing the pension scheme to the Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC.
- In case of death of main pensioner – If the farmer passes away, then the nominee will be able to withdraw the amount. If the spouse has been registered as the nominee, then he/she will attain 50% of the total pension amount. It will be considered as the family pension.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- Only for agricultural workers – If any farmer wants to attain the perks of this project, then he/she must be a resident of any state of union territory of India.
- Small and marginal farmers only – To become a part of this pension scheme, farmers must fall in small or marginal class. Agro-workers who own large farm lands will be barred from this scheme.
- Individuals below poverty level – It is imperative that the interested farmers have their names registered in the BPL list.
- Age requirement – The scheme draft highlights that only those agricultural workers will be allowed to attain the pension benefits that fall within the age bracket of 18 years and 40 years.
- Land holder – The farmer should not have 2 acres or more of land.
Documents necessary for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- Residential proof – The scheme is only open for the farmers who are legal residents of India. Thus, residential document, issued by the respective state governments is mandatory.
- BPL certificate – The farmers need to furnish a photocopy of their BPL certificate as well.
- Age proof – Due to the age criterion, interested applicants need to submit any document that highlights their present age.
- Farmer registration certificate – The farmers need to submit a copy of their official agricultural registration certificate to confirm that they belong to either the small or marginal category.
- Aadhar card – The Aadhar card is the main document that will help the CSC executives to check the ID claims.
- Bank account details – There is no scope for manual money transfer, and everything will be done through the banks. It offers transparency and effectiveness. Farmers must furnish a document that contains the bank and account details to aid the money transfer process.
- Land documents – Farmer should submit land documents at the registration time.
Offline Application Process for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- All eligible and interested farmers need to arrange their documents and reach the Common Service Centers or the CSCs, which are located in the respective areas.
- Once they reach the center, they must approach the CSC executives and state that they want to register for the Prime Minister Kisan Mandhan Yojana.
- The executives will take their documents and run a quick check to ensure that the claims made by the farmers are true.
- Once this is over, these executives will open the digitized application form and fill in the details on behalf of the farmers.
- Though the agricultural workers need not pay any money for the application process, they need to pay a small fee of Rs. 30 for the service they will receive at the CSCs.
- Till date, this is the only way to enroll for the old age farmer pension scheme. The central authority is also deliberating on providing the same registration services from the PM-Kisan State Nodal Offices.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana Online?
- Get to project portal –
As these schemes are targeted towards the betterment farmers, beneficiary have to click on the PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana Portal.
- Commencing enrollment mode –
On this page, you will find a green button. It is at the bottom right hand corner of this page. It is marked as “Click here to apply now.”
- Self-application mode activation –
Once you finish the previous step, you will get to a new page. On it, you will see two options, one for independent applicants, marked as “Self Enrollment.” The other is for those who want to apply through common service centers, marked as “CSC VLE.”
- Mobile registration procedure –
Once you click on “Self Enrollment” a new box will appear on the page. It is for registration of the mobile number. Here, you will find a field where you need to type in the mobile phone number. To go to the next step, click on “Proceed.”
- Mobile number scrutiny –
Once you have typed in the mobile number and clicked on Proceed, a new verification box will appear. Here, there are two separate fields to type in your name and email ID. Then there is a capchat section. Once you type in the verification code, click on the button that says “Generate OTP.”
- OTP verification –
An SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number immediately. You need to enter a new captcha code and the OTP in particular fields. To complete the verification procedure, you need to click on the button that says “Proceed.”
- Permission to use the dashboard –
Completing the above step will allow you to gain access to the scheme’s dashboard.
- Select Enrollment option –
On the dashboard, there are a few tabs on the top right hand side. You must click on the dropdown arrow that is beside the “Enrollment” option.
- Pick the correct scheme –
When you click on the dropdown arrow, the names of the three central schemes will pop up. From the list, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana option must be clicked on.
- Digitized form –
When you click on the link name, you will see the online application form.
- Fill up the form –
Once you get the digitized application form, take a look at the sections carefully, and then start filling it up with appropriate data. The Aadhar Card details will be used by the officials to check the authenticity of the claims of the applicants.
- Submit the online enrollment document –
Once you fill in the details properly, scroll down till you get to the “Submit” button. Click on it to save and submit the application form.
- Get subscriber ID –
The only way to ensure that your form has been successfully submitted is if the portal generates a unique Subscriber ID. This code will come in handy during the application tracking process.
Premium Chart –
|Beneficiary Contribution (in Rs)
|Central Government Contribution (in Rs)
|Total Contribution (in Rs)
Every registered pension holder will get Rs. 3000 as a monthly pension.
Farmers, who are 18 years or above will be able to apply for this scheme. The maximum age that will be permitted under this scheme is 40 years.
If the applicant does not have any land, registered in his name, then he cannot apply and attain the perks of this scheme
Yes. If the applicant is getting the benefits of the PM-KISAN Scheme, then he can transfer money to the PM Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana account from the other account, through the bank.
The date on which the applicant has registered for the scheme and made the first deposit for this pension scheme, will be recognized as the last date for monthly deposits.
Yes. If the spouse of the deceased beneficiary wants, then he/she can continue the monetary contributions in the pension scheme account. In that case, the spouse cannot be a beneficiary of the SMF project.
If the main beneficiaries dies, the spouse can stop the voluntary contribution in the account. In such a circumstance, the accumulated money, and the interest calculated on the sum will be given to the wife/husband of the deceased beneficiary. It will be done if the beneficiary dies before the completion of the scheme term.
If the beneficiary dies, before attaining 60 years of age, and does not have a spouse, but has registered a person as a nominee, then accumulated money in the pension account, and the interest will be handed over to the nominee.
If the beneficiary dies after attaining 60 years of age, then the wife/husband will receive 50% of the total financial benefit, i.e. Rs. 1500. It will be considered as the family pension amount.
In case both the primary beneficiary and the wife/husband has passed away, then the accumulated wealth from the scheme account will be transferred in the government corpus fund immediately.
The CSC agents will produce an enrolment-cum-auto-debit-mandate for the interested applicant during the registration session. Once the applicant signs this mandate, the signature will be scanned. Then the scanned signature will be added to the database. Once this is complete, the CSC agent will issue and print out a Pension Card for the beneficiary.
All registrations for the main beneficiary or the spouse will be done free of cost. The CSC agents will not charge any money from the people for the services they offered.
If the beneficiary wants to make any edits in the scheme application form, then he/she must reach out to the Village Level Entrepreneur or the CSC agents. These agents will require the Aadhar card and the Scheme Pension card of the application. The agents will log in their database and make the necessary changes.
Other links –
- Delhi Free Wi-Fi scheme
- Smartphone Distribution to Anganwadi workers Delhi
- PM Laghu Vyapari Mandhan Yojana
- ई-आधार कार्ड ऑनलाइन कैसे डाउनलोड करें