Bangla Shashya (Sasya) Fasal Bima Yojana In West Bengal (BSB) 2019-20 (Crop Insurance Scheme For Farmers) [Online Application Form Download Process, Eligibility, Portal, Beneficiary List, Claim Form, Portal]
The government of West Bengal has decided to launch a scheme for the farmers of the state. The name of the scheme is Bengal Shashya Bima Yojana, the objective of the scheme is to provide insurance of the crop to the farmers specially for the Kharif season of 2029. It is said that for the first phase the scheme is applicable for the fifteen districts of the state. The government said that in the second phase they will increase the number of the districts in order to incorporate them under the scheme. The article will talk about the features, application procedure, eligibility criteria and other essential information.
|Name of the scheme
|Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme (BSB)
|Date of announcement
|Farmers of the state
|Department of Agriculture of West Bengal
The scheme was launched with the collaboration of Agriculture Insurance Company of India. Under the scheme the farmers do not need to pay any amount of money as premium to get the benefits of the scheme. The state government will pay the premium of the crop insurance for the farmers so that they can access the scheme. According to the scheme, the beneficiaries would get the insurance in four stages. The amount is decided by calculating how much fertile field they have in hectare.
Key features of the Bangla Shashya (shasya) Bima Yojana
- It is a crop insurance scheme that is created for the farmers of the state.
- The scheme is provided by the Agriculture Insurance Company of India.
- The authority will analyze the result as the first implementation is considered as the pilot implementation. If the result is effective enough then the scheme will be implemented for the remaining districts.
- The scheme does not ask for any premium for the crop insurance from the farmers.
- The scheme covers the Aman, Aus, Maize and Jute field for the insurance.
- The farmers who have applied for the loan and the farmers who are not taking any loan for the crop production are considered as the eligible candidate for the scheme.
- According to the scheme called Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana, the farmers get the insurance money in four stages under four circumstances. The circumstances are, if any loss happens at the time of plantation, cultivation, and loss after cutting the crops, loss due to unfavorable weather condition.
- The insurance money that the farmers are supposed to get is calculated on the basis of the land they own. The amount will be paid on per hectare basis. Therefore, the amount of insurance money will different for every farmer. Those who have bigger fertile field will get more insurance coverage.
- The CM said that the insurance money will be provided in four stages. If the farmer experience damage during sowing the government will give the first insurance coverage. The remaining three will be given if the farming gets hampered during cultivation and post harvest period.
The list of the districts is given below.
|Name of the districts
|North 24 Parganas
|South 24 Parganas
The eligibility criteria of Bangla Sashya Bima Yojana
- In order to avail the benefits of the scheme the applicant needs to be the residence of West Bengal. Therefore, the applicants need to submit the legal documents of residential proof during the time of application.
- The scheme is for all types of farmers of the state. The farmers are not capable enough to fund the soil preparation and the following cultivation and harvesting. Thus, the insurance coverage will help them to fulfill the damage. The farmers who are on loan can also avail the benefits.
- As the insurance money will be calculated on the basis of amount of fertile land one has. This is the reason one needs to submit valid documents of land where the measurements of the land is mentioned. The documents will be submitted to the Land Revenue Department.
- According to the scheme, as the beneficiary will get the insurance coverage only after facing damage of crops, the applicant needs to submit proper evidence of damage to the authority.
Application Form Process Bangla Shashya Bima in WB
Since the scheme is just launched the full application process and other essential work is not ready yet. The scheme is still in nascent stage. The guideline of the procedure is not ready yet once it is readied the CM of West Bengal will officially announce it and also will highlight the application procedure. The planning committee is still analyzing the plan to make it watertight. Once the work is done the details will be updated on the website.
It is believed that the crop insurance will help the farmers to cope up with their losses. This scheme will help then to get the money if their crops get damaged. The reason behind implementing the scheme is to elevate the financial condition of the farmers by increasing their annual income. When it comes to the GDP of India, being an aggregative country the farmers play a crucial role. This is the reason the state is focusing on farmers’ annual income to increase the percentage of overall GDP.
More importantly, West Bengal is trying to reduce the rate of farmers’ suicide that happens every time the crop production suffers. The scheme implemented by the government of West Bengal will help the farmers to get out of the debt.
Other links –
- Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Odisha
- Grama Volunteer Recruitment in Andhra Pradesh
- West Bengal Yuvashree Arpan Scheme
- West Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme List